Social Media marketing provided as part of our hosting package is not just something that increases your overall web presence but in fact – a boost to your search engine optimization strategy. We make it simple for small businesses to add social media marketing in order to not only provide the extra reach for potential customers but also to help you rank higher in search engines.
And allow me to illustrate the fact by first presenting a video released by Google recently, followed by explanatons on what it means to your business.
Social Media As Web Site Ranking Factor Video
Why is this important for you?
Google uses many factors to score how relevant your pages are to the search terms used by your potential customers in order to present them with just the right pages. And while the core ranking factors haven’t changed too much since inception - they have evolved to include factors not previously considered.
I will not attempt to bore you with technical details but provide quick summary on how social media impacts your ranking factors:
- Interactions on social networks and sharing of your content shows that it is interests group of people targeted with that information
- More interactions each one of your pages / posts you get – Google see it as more relevant to the topic
- Searchers using Google – now also get results of not only the actual pages but social media sharing by people they follow – meaning, relevancy of your content is even more increased as your social network growth.
So how to you achieve the results most beneficial to your site?
It is actually quite simple:
- Create content on your website that is relevant to the topic, optimized for search terms (we show how to get it done in this tutorial)
- Make your content easy to share – provide with options to do it (already included with all sites we create and host)
- Ask people to share – I know it seems like an obvious but simply adding a note to the end of your content with invitation to share it on social networks using options provided goes a long way
- Grow your social networks – while we add automated way to post your content to multiple social networks, it becomes most effective when your actual network growth. You don’t need to spend too much time on it but just concentrate on a few you personally like – Facebook and Twitter are two networks you must work on expanding at the very least.
As you can see process is very simple and results of integrating social media marketing correctly into your plan can have a huge impact on success of your business web site.