This guide will guide you through process of accessing Site Admin Interface step-by-step to ensure you can proceed with any tasks of managing your small business site on our web hosting.
1. Step One: Access Login URL
Open you preferred browser and type in a login URL using following format:
Simply replace YourDomainName.com with your actual domain name:
2. Step Two: Login
Fill username and password provided to you in fields presented on page and click “Log In”. You can also check option “Remember Me” in order to allow your browser to cache your password, so next time you are not prompted to do it.
Please keep in mind that password caching should be used ONLY on your own and not shared computer as it will present security issue.
3. Step 3: Reset Password
If you have lost your password – click on “Lost your password?” link. It will lead you to a form where you provide your username or email associated with your admin account in our system and instructions on changing your password will e email to your primary admin email.
Please be sure to create a complex password in order to maintain secure account access and prevent security compromise. Here are some guidelines for secure password creation:
Think of a memorable phrase, a common saying or something that will be unique to you and easily remembered. For example:
Chip On Your Shoulder
Now let’s create secure password from this phrase, one that will be hard to guess but easy to remember.
- First: let’s take 2 first letters from each word and combine them to create ONE mix of 8 characters: ChOnYoSh
- Second: lets replace couple of the alpha character with numeral substitutes easily remembered, I will replace “o” (ou) on “0″ (numerical zero): Ch0nY0Sh
- Third: let’s replace one of the letters with the special character, normally you can always replace “a” with “@”, “s” with “$”, etc. In our case I will replace “S” (es) on “$” (dollar sign): Ch0nY0$h
Voila! We have just created a VERY strong password that follows all best security recommendations for strong passwords, as it has:
- 8 characters
- Upper and lower case characters
- Mix of alpha and numerical characters
- Contains at least one special character
…and still easy to remember!
4. Step 4: Admin Interface Access
Once you have logged in or if you have chosen to allow your browser to remember password – you can always access your administrative interface using URL in following format:
Simply replace YourDomainName.com with your actual domain name, “wp-admin” added to your domain name signifies administrative interface. If you authentication expired – you will be redirected to login page.
Simple, as all good things are!